| Dear DT-Community, |
today, we release the new V4.00.
As we already heard from our customers, it fixes indeed
most or even all blacklists - however, it is STILL a SCSI-Emulator,
therefore it's still necessary to remove present IDE-Drives!
As nearly all protections now block ALL SCSI-Drives, no matter
if REAL or VIRTUAL, you need to DISABLE your ide-drives!
This version is more or less only a "next step", it does NOT
contain an IDE-Jammer atm. However, we are working on it and
will hopefully have it ready soon. So be warned - do NOT complain
about the "lack" of the IDE-Jammer-Device. We release it now,
as is. It fullfilles its job as long as no IDE is present in
System or you otherwise block that IDE-nodes. After all it's
Another important change is the integration of ADWARE.
Yes, we need that revenues. However, we decided to let
YOU choose to run it with ADWARE and support us - or simple
turn it OFF in installation-process and run it same way
as former versions - without ADWARE. By default, it is turned
ON - to not install that ADWARE, please UNCHECK at installation
"DAEMON TOOLS SEARCHBAR" (or you can remove it anytime later when
you wish via "Control Panel"-> "Add/Remove programs")
We leave that decision to you, so please don't blame us that we did
it that way. It was a compromise to continue the free support -
we would much appreciate it if you install that ADWARE-stuff. We set-
up a special forum so please post in THAT forum only about questions,
concerns or anything else that is related to that ADWARE. The forum's
name is "DAEMON Tools Searchbar".
To sum it up:
- NO IDE-Jammer atm - we are working on it! No ETA for it - it's done
when it's done!
- ADWARE INCLUDED - you can, however, UNCHECK that ADWARE at installation!
The changelog for V4:
- complete redesign from scratch
- support of 4 virtual drives
- ONLY X32-supported now. X64 will follow
- Drivername randomly generated on each machine (not finished yet)
- Drive-vendor and versionnumber randomly generated
- Complete new emulation architecture
- DCP (DaemonCodeProtect) to make analyses harder and increase development time for malicious anti-DT tools
- Digital signature verification of applications who are trusted to access DT in secure mode
- AutoInsertNotification fully implemented (can be turned on/off at ControlPanel)
- Dropped: MS-Installer, DT now use modificated NullsoftInstaller
- Dropped: analog sound support (as Windows 2000 and above do not need this feature)
- supports all popular copyprotections
Again: This version is an "in between" step to fix latest issues not only
with protections but also many other issues and installation-problems.
We work hard to release soon next update!