|Редактировать | Профиль | Сообщение | Цитировать | Сообщить модератору|
Windows Millennium Edition Cumulative UpdatePack
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
II. General information.
This UpdatePack contains programs, components and updates for the operating system Windows Millennium Edition. During this package creation as a base was taken information from Windows Update logs (2005 and 2009), Microsoft's Security Update CD February 2004, web-sites http://www.mdgx.com, Microsoft Download Center (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/default.aspx), forum http://forum.ru-board.com (topic Windows ME (optimization and improvement) - http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=62&topic=0025#1 (in russian).
This package is for US VERSION OF WINDOWS Millennium EDITION 4.90.3000 with installed motherboard, video and sound card drivers (drivers for all devices recomended). There is no guarantee of successful package install on a system which already has some updates/programs installed. UpdatePack contains Windows Millennium Edition updates (listed in section III of this file) as of 09/01/2014 and unofficial timezones update from 98SESP3 by PROBLEMCHYLD (2014). It is oriented on the "Custom" system installation (for example there are updates for HyperTerminal and WebTV for Windows which are not installed with the "Basic" configuration) but will install with no problems over the "Basic" installation.
While the installer doesn't have free space requirements on the system partition of your HDD except the space needed for extracting temporary files (~ 380 MB) it is recommended that you have at least 1,2 GB for succesful package installation.
In the beginning you have a choice - allow or not allow the installer to make automatic reboots during installation process (there will be 12 reboots). If not - it will prompt you with a message and reboot after clicking "OK" button.
After the install you will be prompted to run Windows Media Player 9 to finish its configuration - it is recommended do not cancel this action.
The installer does not perform any action in addition to installing updates, components and software, respectively, so if desired, for example, to remove PC Health/System Restore from the system or get back native MS-DOS mode, these actions must be done after you install this package. Also worth considering that the Update Q311561 overwrites the file io.sys, and therefore compatibility with patches, which return native MS-DOS support for Windows Millennium doesn't guaranteed.
Because of unofficial timezones update installation your current timezone may stray, so after the installation is strongly recommended to check the time zone settings and change them if necessary.
III. UpdatePack contents.
1. Programs and components:
• Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
• Windows Media Player 9
• .NET Framework 1.0 + Service Pack 3 + KB928367 + KB947739
• .NET Framework 1.1 + Service Pack 1 + KB928366
• .NET Framework 2.0
• Direct X 9.0c with updates up to December 2006
• Windows Installer 2.0
• Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP8 + Replication File Update
• Microsoft XML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)
• Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8 SP1 + KB911562
• Euro Conversion Tool
• Microsoft GDI+ Library
• Microsoft Layer for Unicode
• Visual Basic 1-6 Runtimes
• Visual C++ 6,7,2005 redistributables
• Windows Media 7.1 Runtimes
• Windows Media 9 Runtimes
• WMP6 Codecs
• WMP9 Codecs
• Remote Desktop Client 5.1 for Windows ME
• Adobe Flash Player 9.0.272.0 Plugin & ActiveX
• Microsoft Management Console 1.2
2. Operating system and its components updates:
• Update Q290700 - Checkpoints that you create after September 8, 2001 do not restore your computer
• Update Q311311 - Invalid Universal Plug and Play Request Can Disrupt Computer Operation
• Update Q274113 - Patch for WebTV for Windows Announcement Listener Vulnerability
• Update Q273017 - ScanDisk Runs Even Though Windows Shut Down Correctly
• Update Q272991 - Issues Accessing or Using Network Resources in Windows Millennium Edition
• Update Q273727 - Denial of Service Possible on an IPX/SPX Protocol Using the Name Management Port
• Update Q287564 - Windows Movie Maker Update
• Root certificates update (12/02/2014)
• Update Q296773 - Computer May Not Hibernate with More Than 192 MB of Memory
• Update Q273991 - Patch for "Share Level Password" Vulnerability
• Update Q274548 - Microsoft Windows ME HyperTerminal Buffer Overflow HTICONS.DLL, HYPERTRM.DLL + HYPERTRM.EXE Security Vulnerability Fix
• Windows Media Update Q308567 - Windows Media Player .ASF Processor Contains Unchecked Buffer
• Update Q311561 - MS-DOS Does Not Properly Process Hard Disk Hardware Errors
• Update Q310695 - Microsoft Windows ME DVD Player UDF.VXD 4.90.3001 Fix
• Update Q314757 - Unchecked Buffer in Universal Plug and Play can Lead to System Compromise for Windows Me
• Internet Explorer Audio Update
• Update Q317244 - XMLHTTP control in MSXML 4.0 can allow access to local files
• Update Q323172 - MS02-048: Flaw in Certificate Enrollment Control May Cause Digital Certificates to Be Deleted
• Windows Media 6.4 Update Q320920 - Windows Media Player Rollup
• Update Q329048 - Unchecked Buffer in File Decompression Functions May Allow Attacker to Run Code
• Update Q323255 - Unchecked Buffer in Windows Help Facility May Allow Attacker to Run Code
• Windows Automatic Update Program Update
• Update Q329115 - Certificate validation flaw might permit identity spoofing
• Update Q811630 - HTML Help update to limit functionality when it is invoked with the window.showHelp( ) method
• Update Q812709 - Security Vulnerability in Windows Millennium Edition Help and Support Center May Permit Malicious Code to Run
• Microsoft Java Virtual Machine Update 3810
• Update Q330994 - April, 2003, Cumulative patch for Outlook Express
• Update Q813489 - April, 2003, Cumulative patch for Internet Explorer
• Windows Media 9 Update Q816044 - FIX: Hardware-Created ASF Files Stop Playing in Media Player 9 Series
• Update Q823559 - Buffer overrun in the HTML converter could allow code execution
• Update Q822925 - August 2003 Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer
• Update Q825119 - Buffer overrun in Windows Help and Support Center could lead to system compromise
• Update Q828750 - October, 2003, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer
• Windows Media Update KB828026 - Update for Windows Media Player URL script command behavior
• Update Q824145 - November 2003 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
• Update Q832894 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
• Update Q831167 - You cannot log on to a Web site or complete an Internet transaction, or you receive an HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error) Web page
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB833989 - Buffer overrun in JPEG processing (GDI+) could allow code execution in Internet Explorer SP1
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB837009 - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB823353 - Cumulative security update for Outlook Express
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB867801 - Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB885258 - If a Web page uses the AlphaImageLoader filter to scale images, the images may not scale correctly in Microsoft Internet Explorer. Gaps may appear between images when you expect to see the scaled images exactly side by side without a gap between them; If the script on a Web page adds and removes IFRAMEs dynamically, and an IFRAME displays an image by using the AlphaImageLoader transform, the combination of both causes Internet Explorer to crash after a few iterations.
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB834707 - Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB873377 - An update rollup is available for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB887797 - Cumulative Update for Outlook Express
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB888092 - You may receive an error message in module Mshtml.dll and Internet Explorer quits when you run a custom Web program in Internet Explorer 6
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB889669 - An update rollup for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
• Internet Explorer Update KB891781 - Vulnerability in the DHTML editing component ActiveX control could allow code execution
• Update KB892211 - Software Update for Web Folders: January 25, 2005
• Update Q888113 - Vulnerability in hyperlink object library could allow remote code execution
• Update KB891711-v2 - Vulnerability in cursor and icon format handling could allow remote code execution
• Update KB896358 - A vulnerability in HTML Help could allow remote code execution
• Update KB908519 - Vulnerability in embedded Web fonts could allow remote code execution
• Windows Media 9 Update KB911565 - Vulnerability in Windows Media Player could allow remote code execution
• Windows Media 9 Update KB917734 - Vulnerability in Windows Media Player could allow remote code execution
• Update Windows Script 5.6 KB917344 - Vulnerability in Microsoft JScript could allow remote code execution
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB916281 - Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
• Internet Explorer 6 SP1 Update KB918439 - Vulnerability in ART image rendering could allow remote code execution
• Update KB918547 - Vulnerability in the Graphics Rendering Engine could allow remote code execution
• DirectX 9.0c Update KB904706 - Vulnerability in DirectShow could allow remote code execution
• Unofficial timezones update (October 2014) by PROBLEMCHYLD (from 98SESP3)
IV. Additional information.
This UpdatePack is based on a "Instruction on how to install Windows Me" (http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=62&topic=0025&start=100#6 - in russian) in a part of applying updates from Windows Update and installing some Microsoft Corporation products. It is recommended after this package to install Microsoft Office 97/2000/XP, which will update system dynamic libraries.
This package doesn't include utils for enabling big (>137 GB) HDD support and vmm.vxd patches to allow work on a machine with more than 512 MB of RAM. The first patch is available here - http://www.mdgx.com/files/ME48BLBA.EXE, the second one (10 min. DEMO) is here - http://rloew.x10host.com/Programs/Patchm.htm, information in russian can be found here - http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=62&active=15&topic=14740&start=1220#19. System Restore remover and various MS-DOS patches can be found on this page - http://www.mdgx.com/web.htm#WME.
V. Version history.
11/29/2014 - Version 18.104.22.168
- Fixed error with missing Windows Media 9 KB917734
- Updated unofficial timezones update (October 2014) by PROBLEMCHYLD
- Added NET 1.0 updates KB928367, KB947739; NET 1.1 update KB928366
- Added MDAC28SP1 update KB911562
- Added Microsoft Management Console 1.2
08/28/2014 - Version 22.214.171.124
- First public version
Seymour a.k.a. ruomyes - for "Instruction on how to install Windows Me" and links to some components
PROBLEMCHYLD - for unofficial timezones update
MDGx a.k.a. AXCEL216 (site mdgx.com) - for links to ME updates
fly_indiz, prowler86, MComi, capricorn1, bearwindows, Deep2007, lab14 - for the interest to the russian version of this package which gave green light to its english version
Mysterio, tuliss - for the interest to the english version of the package
Всего записей: 14 | Зарегистр. 02-07-2013 | Отправлено: 00:09 29-11-2014 | Исправлено: UncleJart, 21:11 01-12-2014