|Редактировать | Профиль | Сообщение | Цитировать | Сообщить модератору|MenuetOS The Assembly Language Programmers OS!
MenuetOS is an Operating System for the PC written entirely in 32bit assembly language, and released under the GPL. It supports 32 bit x86 assembly programming since this allows for smaller, faster and less resource hungry applications to be created.
Menuet has no roots within unix or the posix standards, nor is it based on any particular operating system. The design goal has been to remove the extra layers between different parts of an OS, which normally complicates programming and create bugs.
Menuet's application structure is not specifically reserved for asm programming since the header can be produced with practically any other language. However, the overall application programming design is intended for easy 32 bit asm programming. Menuets responsive GUI is extremely easy to handle with assembly language, and programming in this environment is quick to learn.
- Pre-emptive multitasking, multithreading, ring-3 protection
- Responsive GUI with resolutions up to 1280x1024, 16 million colours
- IDE: Editor/Macro Assembler for building kernel and applications
- TCP/IP stack with Loopback, PPP & Ethernet drivers
- Network applications include ftp/http/mp3/smtp servers,
- irc, http, nntp and tftp clients
- Free-form, skinnable application windows
- Hard real-time data fetch
- Fits uncompressed on a single floppy!
Всего записей: 52737 | Зарегистр. 04-04-2002 | Отправлено: 19:15 06-10-2004 | Исправлено: Cheery, 19:18 06-10-2004