|Редактировать | Профиль | Сообщение | ICQ | Цитировать | Сообщить модератору|
А я пошёл уже
Мир действительно маловат...
Русская версия со шрифтами пурги нагнала,то есть по-русски читать мона только разковоры с персонажами,а вот всякого рода характеристики предметов и прочего не разобрать...
Да ещё в версии на трёх дисках начисто вырезаны все киношки,а жаль...
И ещё: те кто прошёл Diablo2 у тех проблем не возникнет.
И один большой совет играющим:залесть на сайт фаргуса и скачать FAQ по игре,потомк как там описано чего ни в коем случае делать нельзя,ИНАЧЕ ИГРА НЕ ПОЙДЁТ ДАЛЬШЕ ИЗ-ЗА ЗАКРЫТОГО КВЕСТА.
Например нивкоем случае нельзя отказываться дотронаться до хрустального шара(предложит это сделать ИМП который находиться в гостиннице в ВЕРДИСЕ)
Надоело нисать,вот вам FAQ на аглицком:
(он не полон и написан девушкой)
This is my very first FAQ. I have always wanted to make one, so I am finally doing it. If you need to contact me, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. The Legal Stuff and Credits
II. Version History
III. The Quests
IV. Teleporter Scrolls and Locations
V. Special Items
VIII. Gameplay Tips
The Legal Stuff and Credits
First the legal stuff...
This document Copyright 2002 by kmagicka.
This document is protected by US Copyright Law, and the Berne Copyright Convention of 1976. It is for private and personal use only--it cannot be reprinted in part or in whole, or reproduced in any way or in any form (written or otherwise). It is a free document that cannot be used in any sort of commercial transaction, including selling it or giving it away as a gift. This FAQ cannot be referenced, altered, or used by anybody (including webmasters, publishers, and magazine staff) without my express written permission.
The only authorized websites that can publish this FAQ are: GameFAQs.com, CheatCodes.com, DLH.net, GamesOver.com, GGMania.com, CheatCC.com, and rwartow.com. To be added to this list, you must first get my permission.
And a special thanks goes to...
Larian Studios: They made the game, and quite simply, the game is awesome.
SpiderDude: The one who inspired me to make this FAQ. Without his help, this wouldnt have been possible.
10.14.02: The FAQ is born!
10.22.02: Ive added a bit more info to the quests section and I have also added more to the teleporters. There is now more, in-depth information about potion making. I have also done some reformatting to make it a bit more user friendly.
10.27.02: Just added more information, nothing big.
The following information is only the quests and how to solve them. Since this game is, for the most part, open-ended, there is really no way to write a ‘walkthrough.
The quests that I have all the information for are listed first; otherwise, they are in alphabetical order. All the quests are with their game title and information. Not all of them are complete, but as I get more information, I will update the FAQ.
Also, a quick and easy way to find a specific quest, hit CTRL-F. In the window type the name of the quest or a keyword or two and hit enter.
If you have any information to add, just drop me an email.
These are the quests with complete information...
An appointment with the new ruler of Ferol.
Game Information: I have a letter of invitation from Janus, the young son of the late Duke. He wishes me to meet him at Stormfist castle, the ancient stronghold of the human royal family.
How to obtain: The quest is given to you after you talk to Commander Ralph and expose Dr. Elrath.
Solution: (Be advised! Do not go into the castle until youre level 30-35. Also, you will lose your teleporter stones here. So dont go until you are sure you are ready.)
1. Go to the castle and talk to the Captain of the Guard standing outside
the castle gate. Show him the invitation. Walk into the castle.
Theus will meet you and escort you to the throne room. Talk to Janus.
2. Meet Janus in his room
Game Information: Duke Janus has asked me to attend him in his room.
Apparently he has some tasks he would like me to perform in my new
(and ridiculously titled) role as Lord Protector.
Solution: Talk to Janus. He is located in his room in the
northeastern room of the castle.
3. Find the white cat
Game Information: It appears my duties as Lord Protector for Duke
Janus consist of foolishly inconsequential and petty tasks. The
spoiled brat has asked me to find his white cat, which must be
strolling somewhere in the castle. Afterwards, I should report back
Solution: After leaving Janus room, the cat approaches you. Talk to
the cat, then return to Janus room.
4. Deliver a love letter to Lela
Game Information: I am beginning to feel like Janus errand boy. The
little brat has given me a love letter that I have to deliver to his
–girlfriend- Lela. I really hope Lela is not as arrogant and spoiled
as Janus. Afterwards, Janus has asked me to return to his room again.
I fear this irritating boy has more menial duties in store for me.
Solution: Talk to Lela. She is located in the room south of Janus.
Afterwards, talk to Janus again.
5. Flowers for Lela
Game Information: Janus told me that there is a beautiful patch of
flowers in the garden of the castle. I am to pick some flowers and
take them to Lela...*sigh* As usual, I am to report back to him when I
am done. I really need to get out of here!
Solution: The flowers are located near the well next to the outside
entrance. Grab the flowers. Talk to Lela, and then talk to Janus.
6. Find the teddy bear
Game Information: Lela has lost one of her favorite toys...a small
teddy-bear called Uncle Samakayne. Its my task to find this pointless
bauble somewhere in the castle. I hope these foolish errands will
Solution: The teddy bear is in the corner just outside of Janus
room. Give the bear to Lela. When you leave her room, youll be
approached by Theus.
7. The merchants meeting
Game Information: Theus has informed me that my presence is required
in the throne room. Apparently, I am to protect Janus during a
meeting with some fat, short-winded merchants.
Solution: Go to the throne room.
Catch the thief!
Game Information: Several cows have disappeared. Farmer Tom suspects a thief takes them at night. According to Tom, the thief must be living close to his farm because nobody can take cows far without attracting attention. I will see if I can discover the truth for him.
How to obtain: Talk to Tom. He is standing outside the farm house located near the southwest corner of Stormfist castle.
Solution: Go to the cellar located in Dorians house. It is located in the northwest corner of the poor area. After checking out the cellar, talk to Dorian. Tell him that you will keep his secret. Afterwards inform Tom.
Collect herbs for George
Game Information: George, the retired healer, has asked me to fetch him some rare herbs called Drudanae from Lanilors garden.
How to obtain: Talk to George. He is located in his house in the southeastern corner of the village.
Solution: Follow George into the side room and look (but do not take) the Drudanae plant near the table. Talk to Lanilor and get permission to take some herbs from his garden. Go to Lanilors garden and grab the plant. If Otho stops you, tell him that you have permission. Take the plant back to George.
Contact Captain Mitox
Game Information: General Alix has asked me to deliver a sealed message to Captain Mitox. This renowned war veteran can be found encamped just west of a destroyed village near the dukedoms southern border, where he is currently fending off an orc attack.
How to obtain: Talk to General Alix. She is located inside her army barracks.
Solution: Talk to Captain Mitox. His camp is located south of Captain Alixs barracks. He is in the north building of the camp.
Deal with the trolls
Game Information: The people in the farmlands live in constant fear of troll attacks. They need somebody who can settle this matter once and for all. I must find the trolls lair and rid the area of those foul creatures.
How to obtain: Talk to Homer. He is located outside the building east of the bridge.
Solution: Go to the cave located west of the bridge. Kill all of the trolls located inside to include the king. Afterwards, talk again to Homer.
Deliver a new wheel
Game Information: Marcus asked me to bring the drivers of his cart a new wheel. Ive agreed to do this, because nobody deserved to be stuck in the wilderness for long.
How to obtain: After solving the ‘Missing Delivery quest, talk to Marcus.
Solution: Go back to the location of the cart.
Game Information: An old man has told me about a strange occurrence. Apparently, near the poor graveyard entrance, a gem keeps appearing and disappearing. The old man believes it is some foul magic.
How to obtain: Talk to Malachias. He is located on the road to the southeast of the quarantine area. Give him some money.
Solution: The gem is located near the shrubbery west of Malachias. Follow the gem until you run into a Dwarf. He says something about selling your entrails to Dr. Elrath. Then a bunch of thugs show up. Beat the thugs. (Side note: I have yet to figure out the point of this quest.)
Dr. Elrath exposed!
Game Information: I found a letter in Dr. Elraths cellar. In it I found evidence that this so-called doctor is responsible for the Grey Death epidemic. And all this while, everybody believed the –good- doctor was the only person that could cure them! I must report this to the proper authorities immediately! I hope they hang him. Slowly.
How to obtain: Read the letter in Dr. Elraths cellar.
Solution: Talk to Commander Ralph. He is located inside the Rivertown Watch.
Enter Stormfist castle
Game Information: I am not allowed to enter Stormfist castle. However, the guard told me that if I do something heroic, I might receive an invitation from the Duke.
How to obtain: Talk to the Captain of the Guard. He is located in the entrance of Stormfist castle.
Solution: After you expose Dr. Elrath, Commander Ralph will give you an invitation to see Duke Janus.
Escaping Stormfist castle
Janus has ordered the guards at the castle gate to prevent me from leaving the castle. I do not wish to remain any longer than I have to, so I must find a way to escape!
How to obtain: When you talk to Janus for the ‘An appointment with the new ruler of Ferol quest, youll get this quest.
Solution: After solving ‘An appointment with the new ruler of Ferol quest, you get kicked out of the castle.
Find a cure for Simon
Game Information: The lizard healer, Goemoe, is treating a wounded soldier called Simon. There is a shrine of healing near Goemoes house that produces healing gems. Simon desperately needs such a gem. However, the shrine will not recharge itself and there is only one gem left. Goemoe told me that the dwarf, Otho, is treating another wounded soldier and they cannot decide which one of them should receive the last healing gem. If I am to avoid a hard decision about who lives and dies, I must find a way to duplicate the gem.
How to obtain: Talk to Goemoe. He is outside his house located north of Georges house.
Solution: Go to the Healing Shrine. It is located to the north of Goemoes house. Get the last healing gem from it. Go to the unlocked house along the north of the village. Take the Magic Mirror; it is sitting on top of a small package. Find a puddle that you see your reflection in and drop the Magic Mirror into it. Drop the healing gem on the same spot. There should now be two healing gems. Talk to Simon and give him one of the gems. Give the other to Verlat. Afterwards, talk to Goemoe.
Find a cure for Verlat
Game Information: The soldier Verlat was badly wounded during an orc ambush and is now in the care of the dwarven healer Otho. To heal Verlat, I need to access a shrine of healing near Goemoes house that produces healing gems. Otho told me that the shrine doesnt recharge itself. There is only one gem left. The lizard healer, Goemoe. Is treating a wounded soldier, who is in need of this gem too. I dont like the aspect of making a moral decision who should receive the healing gem. I need to find a way o duplicate the gem if I want to save both patients.
How to obtain: Talk to Otho. He is located in the northwestern house.
Solution: Go to the Healing Shrine. It is located to the north of Goemoes house. Get the last healing gem from it. Go to the unlocked house along the north of the village. Take the Magic Mirror; it is sitting on top of a small package. Find a puddle that you see your reflection in and drop the Magic Mirror into it. Drop the healing gem on the same spot. There should now be two healing gems. Talk to Verlat and give him one of the gems. Give the other to Simon. Afterwards, talk to Goemoe.
Find a potion for Cedric
Game Information: I must find a potion to cure Cedric of the plague victims in the quarantined area in the poor quarter.
How to obtain: Talk to Cedric. He is located in the eastern house within the quarantined area.
Solution: While in Dr. Elraths cellar, be sure to grab both of the cure potions. They are located on a book shelf towards the southeast corner. Give one of the potions to Cedric, and give another to any of the other victims. However, you will have to either pickpocket or kill one of the two people with potions. This way you can retrieve a potion to give to the third victim.
Find a potion for Sarah
Game Information: I must find a potion to cure Sarah, one of the plague victims in the quarantined area in the poor quarter.
How to obtain: Talk to Sarah. He is located in the eastern house within the quarantined area.
Solution: While in Dr. Elraths cellar, be sure to grab both of the cure potions. They are located on a book shelf towards the southeast corner. Give one of the potions to Sarah, and give another to any of the other victims. However, you will have to either pickpocket or kill one of the two people with potions. This way you can retrieve a potion to give to the third victim.
Find a potion for Tidus
Game Information: I must find a potion to cure Tidus, one of the plague victims in the quarantined area in the poor quarter.
How to obtain: Talk to Tidus. He is located in the eastern house within the quarantined area.
Solution: While in Dr. Elraths cellar, be sure to grab both of the cure potions. They are located on a book shelf towards the southeast corner. Give one of the potions to Tidus, and give another to any of the other victims. However, you will have to either pickpocket or kill one of the two people with potions. This way you can retrieve a potion to give to the third victim.
Find a solution to the plaque problem in Rivertown
Game Information: A young knight called Seth told me that people are dying because of a mysterious plague in Rivertown. I must try to find a cure for the plague before it spreads to other towns within the Dukedom.
How to obtain: Talk to Seth. He is located just outside the gates of Aleroth.
1. Talk to Mardaneus. After he refuses, talk to Seth again.
2. An escort for the healers
Game Information: The healers are needed in Rivertown to help combat
the plaque, but the woods around Aleroth are swarming with Orc raiding
parties. The healers refuse to travel to Rivertown because of this
danger. I need to get to the army commander and ask him to dispatch
Solution: Talk to General Alix. She is located in her army barracks.
3. After solving ‘Who is responsible for the harvest disaster? quest,
this one will be solved too.
Find clues about wares
Game Information: Merchant Marcus is interested in getting information about his lost wares.
How to obtain: Talk to Marcus after finding the burning cart.
Solution: Talk to Marcus after exploring the cave.
Find my equipment in Ionas Dungeon
Game Information: Arhu has shown me where Iona has stored the equipment she stole from me.
How to obtain: Go up the stairs from the starting point. Arhu will start a conversation.
Solution: Get the key from atop the barrels in the room in the center of the area. Use the key to unlock the chest.
Find the second teleporter pyramid
Game Information: Lanilor gave me a magical object which looks like a tiny pyramid. He told me that a duplicate exists and that the pair could be used for teleportation. If I used the pyramid, I might have a chance to acquire the duplicate too. I might also end up dead.
How to obtain: Lanilor approaches after you open up the catacombs.
Solution: Drop the pyramid on the ground, and then click on it. It will teleport you to the other one. To get back to the town, leave the room you teleported into, and go up the hall. Use the portal stone to teleport yourself into the well. OR Explore the catacombs until you find the other pyramid.
Gareths Feign Death potion
Game Information: Gareth, a soldier, has asked me to be on the look out for a potion that will allow him to feign death. He wants to use it to escape the army.
How to obtain: Talk to Gareth. He is located in front of the southwest building inside General Alixs army barracks.
Solution: After solving ‘The Church quest, talk to Father Theofolus and get a Feign Death potion from him. Then go and talk to Gareth in Captain Alixs barracks.
Help a scared knight
Game information: A knight is hiding in one of the nearby stables. An assassin who seems to be nearby is hunting him. I promised to see if I could find this would-be murderer to give him a taste of his own medicine.
How to obtain: Talk to the knight (I didnt get his name). He is located in the western most building in the farmlands.
Solution: Kill Crawler. He is located in the orchard. Afterwards, talk to the knight again.
Help the cook
Game Information: The cook of Stormfist castle has asked me to help him with the dishes. What an irony: the hero reduced to a dishwasher!
How to obtain: After getting into Stormfist castle, talk to the cook. He is located in the southeastern room of the castle.
Solution: Move the bucket with water to the dish pan. Then move the pile of dishes to the dishpan. Keep moving the dish pile until all the dishes are clean. After you leave the castle, the quest will be solved. (I think it has a small bug in it.) To move the dishes, you can put them into your inventory OR left click on them, hold down the button and move them.
Isoldes love letter
Game Information: The milkmaid, Isolde, has asked me to deliver a love letter to her loved one in the barracks. His name is Gareth.
How to obtain: Talk to Isolde. She is located outside the building east of the bridge in the farmlands.
Solution: Talk to Gareth. He is located in front of the southwest building inside General Alixs army barracks.
Game Information: Marcus, a merchant from the Rivertown market, says his latest delivery of goods is missing. He has asked me to look for his cart to the South of Rivertown Market.
How to obtain: After the cut scene between Marcus and another merchant, talk to Marcus. He is located on the south side of the bazaar.
Solution: Follow the road leading southeast from the Dwarven Bread Inn. Talk to Luther.
Game Information: I bought a key to Nericons Garden from a merchant. He told me there is a myth about treasure being hidden in Nericons Garden. He also mentioned something about frogs...
How to obtain: Talk to Blake. He is located in the northwest building of the Merchants Area. He will only sell the key if your reputation is 7 or higher.
Solution: Enter Nericons Garden. Kill all the frogs, there are four of them. You cant kill them with any weapon though. You need a spell. (I used ‘Meteor Strike.
Philosophy of life
Game Information: I encountered three followers of Nemris, the philosopher. They are unable to worship the statue of their master in Nericons Garden because the gate is locked. They have asked me to retrieve the key from the merchant named Blake in Rivertown.
How to obtain: Talk to Otto. He is located on the road northeast of Hughs house.
Solution: Buy the key from Blake. He is located in the west house of the Merchants Area. To get the key, your reputation has to be at least 7. Enter Nericons Garden. Talk to statue in the back of the garden. Answer the three questions correctly. The questions are:
1. Life is based on one foundation. Name it!
2. Life is made of two equal parts. Name them!
Answer: Truth and untruth
3. There are three paths in life, whose balance are the key to
existence. Name them!
Answer: Good, evil, and neutrality
Remove the curse
Game Information: One of the local farmers, a burly fellow called Finn, told me that an abbey that lies to the north is cursed. He hears ghastly voices and saw strange lights at night. I promised to take a look and see if I can remove the curse from the old building.
How to obtain: Talk to Finn. He is located outside the northern most farmhouse.
Solution: Solve ‘The Cursed Abbey quest. Talk to Finn afterwards.
Rescue Lanilor the elf from his icy prison
Game Information: It seems one of the healers, a strange man called Mardaneus, has lost his mind and has frozen one of his elven colleagues within an ice pillar. I must find a way to rescue the elf from the icy prison. The elf advised me to sneak into Mardaneus house and try and convince the old fool to reverse his spell.
How to obtain: After leaving Lanilors house, head southwest. After the cut scene between Lanilor and Mardaneus, talk to the freezing Lanilor.
Solution: Go into the well to the east of Mardaneus house. Go up the stairs on the other side of the well (inside). Talk to Mardaneus.
Restore Mardaneus sanity
Game Information: It seems that the healer Mardaneus may have been possessed by a demon. I must find out why this fellow behaves so strangely.
How to obtain: After solving the ‘Rescue Lanilor the elf from his icy prison quest, Lanilor gives you this quest.
1. Unlock the entrance to the catacombs beneath Aleroth
Game Information: According the elf, Lanilor, I must explore the
catacombs beneath the village to find a cure for Mardaneus odd
behavior. The entrance to the caverns lies near four statues. I have
to move all four statues to the north in order to open the portal to
the catacombs. Lanilor warned me that evil creatures wander the
caverns. I have a bad feeling about this.
Solution: Go to the center of the village to the area with four
dragon statues and a bigger statue in the center. Click on the
statues until they are all turned north.
2. Explore the catacombs until you come across a chamber with a bunch of
neutral (non-attacking) skeletons. Talk to one of them.
3. Help the dead necromancer
Game information: Some friendly skeletons explained they are trying
to rescue their dead master, a necromancer called Thelyron. They are
using levers that are imbued with powerful magics, but something keeps
going wrong. I have a feeling that if I can help them to resurrect
Thelyron, I may gain some information about Mardaneus.
Solution: Carefully watch the cut scene where the skeletons pull
various levers. Go to the lever that isnt getting pulled. When the
cut scene begins again, pull the lever when its your turn.
4. Talk to Thelyron. He is located near the center of the room
surrounded by other undead creatures.
5. Kill Thelyron
Game Information: It appears that the undead necromancer is the
source of Mardaneus obsession! He will not stop haunting the healer
unless I kill him. Well, it may be a questionable task, but somebody
has to do it.
Solution: Kill Thelyron.
Retrieve the magic axe called Slasher
Game Information: Some bold orcs are looking for a magical axe called Slasher. Smiruk, the leader, told me that the weapon lies somewhere in the catacombs beneath Aleroth.
How to obtain: Talk to Smiruk. He is with a group of neutral orcs that you will run across while exploring the catacombs.
Solution: While exploring the catacombs, youll find several unidentified axes. One of them, once identified, is the ‘Slasher. You can get items identified by either George or Otho. Give the axe to Smiruk.
The bar fight
Game Information: In the Dwarven Bread Inn, there is a fight pit where you can challenge the local fighting champion, by defeating him, you can win a lot of money.
How to obtain: Talk to Sean. He is located in the cellar of the Dwarven Bread Inn on the upper side of the fighting ring.
Solution: Defeat Burleigh. Talk to Sean.
The burning cart
Game Information: I returned to the cart with the replacement wheel only to find that it has been attacked while I was away. The drivers and goods are gone. The clues nearby suggest an orc raiding party is responsible, but I have my doubts. Maybe I can find more clues if I investigate the surrounding area further.
How to obtain: When you return to the cart and solve the ‘Deliver a new wheel quest, youll automatically get this quest.
Solution: Follow the blood and later money trail. (It may get a bit tricky one you enter the wooded area.) Explore the cave at the end of the trail. Kill the bad guys. Read and take the letter off the table.
Game Information: When I entered the Church, I saw a ghost attacking a priest and a monk. The priest ran away into his confession chair.
How to obtain: Enter the Church. It is located to the north of the Cursed Abbey.
1. Talk to Father Theofolus. He is located in the center of the church.
Game Information: I spoke to Father Theofolus, he believes something,
or someone may have been desecrating the Church. That would explain
why spirits are roaming the place,
Solution: (This part is solved when the whole quest is solved.)
3. Go into the confessional and come back out of it. (Im not sure if
anything important is down there.)
4. Peeing boy
Game Information: I saw a boy peeing into a golden chest in front of
the altar, perhaps this is causing the desecration.
Solution: Talk the Father Theofolus.
The Cursed Abbey
Game Information: The old abbey in the north of Rivertown seems to be haunted by creatures of the night. Perhaps I can find a way to drive them away or even remove the cause of this curse.
How to obtain: Enter the old abbey located to the north of the farmlands.
Solution: Fight your way to the basement of the abbey. Talk to The Engineer. Give him the 1000 gold and free him.
Game Information: Marcus gave me some information about Tingalf, a trader who sells goods of dubious origin. Maybe I should have a little talk with him.
How to obtain: After getting the letter from the cave, show it to Marcus.
Solution: Talk to Tingalf. He is located by the southeast corner of Geoffs (the blacksmith) house.
Game Information: I have found a letter in the cave of the highwaymen that points towards the black market now flourishing in Rivertown. Maybe the goods were delivered to the legitimate market, but certainly not to the merchant Marcus. I am sure he will not be happy about this.
How to obtain: After killing the bad guys in the cave, take and read the letter off the table.
Solution: Talk to Marcus and show him the letter.
Who is responsible for the Harvest Disaster?
Game Information: The Dellabaere family in the farmlands are in trouble. Their harvest is failing but nobody knows why. Hugh Dellabaere suspects that somebody has poisoned their cornfields. If I dont find out who responsible, the Dellabaere family will have to move to Rivertown.
How to obtain: Talk to Hugh. He is located in the farm house near the NW corner of Stormfist castle.
1. Enter cave west of the Blue Boar Inn. Kill Tipsix. Take the key.
2. An Orc is the perpetrator
Game Information: It appears an Orc named Tipsix was poisoning the
harvest. When I killed him, he dropped a key. I ought to report this
Solution: Talk to Hugh. He is located in the farm house near the
northwest corner of Stormfist castle.
3. Where does the key fit?
Game Information: Hugh asked me to find the lock to which the key I
found on Tipsixs body fits. Seems like looking for a needle in a
Solution: Unlock the door in the cellar on the Blue Boar Inn. It is
the room with the poison barrels.
4. The key fits!
Game Information: I was able to open a door in the Blue Boar Inn with
the key I found on the foul Orcs body. The room was filled with more
barrels of poison like the ones I found in that cave the Orc was
hiding in! I better question the owner of this inn about what it is
Solution: Talk to Splinter. He is the owner of the Blue Boar Inn and
is located behind the bar.
5. The cellar was rented to Dr. Elrath
Game Information: The cellar was rented to a Dr. Elrath who I can
find in the merchants area.
Solution: Talk to Dr. Elrath. He is located in his house in the
southwestern corner of the Merchants Area.
6. Dr. Elraths key was stolen
Game Information: Dr. Elrath claims that his key to the cellar had
been stolen. I dont know whether I should believe him or not...
Solution: (Im not sure how I solved this one.)
7. After leaving the doctors house. Go to the southeastern corner of
his house and press the ‘alt key. You should be able to find a key
near a rock. Take the key. Go back and unlock the door to his house.
(I used the ‘alt key to find it.) Spin the globe and use the lamps
to open both doors to the room that leads to the cellar. Once in the
cellar kick the demons butt. (The hit-and-run tactic works
wonderfully.) Take the two potions from the bookcase in the
southeastern corner and the letter from the table.
8. Dr. Elrath is a fake!
Game Information: After exposing our good doctor as the perpetrator
who was causing the plague in Rivertown, I am now quite sure he was
behind the poisoning of the harvest in the farmlands!
Solution: When leaving the house, youll run into Dr. Elrath. After
the confrontation, the quest will be solved.
These are the quests that I am still working on...
Deliver a letter
Game Information: Harriet and her family are victims of the latest orc attacks. She has asked e to deliver a letter to her uncle Afrasam. He is the innkeeper of the Ducal Inn, a well known tavern in Verdistis.
How to obtain: Talk to Harriet. She is located in the room in the northeast corner of the Blue Boar Inn.
Expose the Dukes murderer
Game Information: Commander Ralph does not believe the Duke died of natural causes. He has asked me to investigate this matter and to begin by trying to make contact with the Assassins Guild. To do this, I must contact Sir Dante in Verdistis.
How to obtain: Talk to Commander Ralph. He is located in the Rivertown Watch.
Find the teleporter activation scrolls
Game Information: Zandalor has given me the activation scroll for the mages teleporter. He believes the Elven Lord Elredor can help me obtain the elves teleporter scroll. Elredor can often be found in the Archers Guild. Zandalor also suggested looking for further information in the Cursed Abbey.
How to obtain: Zandalor shows up after the dragon rider ‘kills you. He then gives you the scroll and the quest.
Game Information: I met another Marked One named Wouter in the Dwarven Bread Inn. It appears he too is waiting for Zandalor. Zandalor told him that he was going to go to Stormfist castle to find the other Marked One. I am unwilling to wait for his return so I will go to the castle to find them both!
How to obtain: Talk to Wouter. He is inside the Dwarven Bread Inn.
1. When you leave Ionas Dungeon, Arhu, the talking white cat, approaches
and continues the quest.
2. Find out what happened to Zandalor
Game Information: Arhu is fairly sure that something happened to
Zandalor. I have been thrown out of Stormfist castle so I cannot
enter the castle again without being seen. Arhu wants me to get in
touch with the Thieves' Guild; he says these scoundrels can get into
anywhere they want. According to Arhu, I can contact the Thieves
Guild in the Ducal Inn, located in Verdistis.
Finding the Holy Weapon
Game Information: It seems there are three artifacts floating around the world. The one who finds them all may sacrifice two of them in order to gain a powerfully enchanted weapon.
How to obtain: While inside Ionas Dungeon, the sword can be found in the Chamber of Illusion. Youll get the quest when you pick the sword up.
Game Information: George has been killed! No money or goods are stolen! Still, I am of a mind that Georges murder is somehow connected to the mysterious merchant who argued with George in his store. Perhaps the other healers can tell me more.
How to obtain: Enter Georges house after restoring Mardaneus sanity.
1. Talk to Mardaneus. He is located in his house.
2. Expose Georges murderer
Game Information: The healers are unaware who might be the killer.
Mardaneus has asked me to investigate the crime and keep him informed.
Help Apollo finding his friend Shrimpo
Game Information: Apollo is looking for his good friend Shrimpo. Apparently, he believes Shrimpo is somewhere near the graveyard area.
How to obtain: Apollo approaches when you leave the graveyard. The graveyard is located northeast of the Cursed Abbey.
Kidnapped by a zombie
Game Information: Upon entering a graveyard, I saw a woman being kidnapped by what appeared to be a zombie. I must rescue her!
How to obtain: Enter the graveyard south of the quarantine area.
Kill the vampire
Game Information: I was able to save the boy, but the case is still open. AS long as the vampire lives, the people in Rivertown are in danger. Though the blood sucker spared the life of the kid, Im afraid I have to try killing him somehow...
How to obtain: After saving the boy, youll automatically get this quest.
Meet the wizard, Zandalor, at the Dwarven Bread Inn
Game Information: Zandalor, a powerful wizard, rescued me from a bounty hunter riding a small dragon (the bounty hunter, that is, not Zandalor.) The old wizard told me that an evil cult called the Black Ring is bent on killing me. Zandalor also told me that I am a Marked One, someone who has a magical aura about them. Apparently, there are two other Marked Ones. Zandalor wants me to go to the Dwarven Bread Inn, where he has arranged a meeting with these others.
How to obtain: Zandalor shows up after the dragon rider ‘kills you.
(Side note: I screwed this one up and ‘failed to solve.)
Tingalf has told me about a depot of goods nearby. He also told me that it is dangerous showing an interest in such things. Apparently it is near Rivertown Market. But where?
How to obtain: After you show Marcus the letter, talk to Tingalf. He is located near the southeast corner of Geoffs (the blacksmith) house.
Ravage the supply train
Game Information: Captain Mitox has asked me to destroy an orcish supply train transporting explosives and to report back to him. I assume that without these supplies, the orcs will be unable to sustain their siege on the town.
How to obtain: When you solve the ‘Contact Captain Mitox quest. He will then give you this quest.
Restore Marias reputation
Game Information: In the poor area of Rivertown, I met a woman who claims to have lived in Verdistis in great wealth. Then a man named Malcolm stole everything from her and her family, and chased her away from Verdistis. She says Malcolm has been stealing from the Merchants Guild too, perhaps I should go and find out more about this...
How to obtain: Talk to Maria. She is located in the center building of the poor area.
The murderer of the Duke
Game Information: The ghost of the old Duke has asked me to find his murderer. Apparently, he was riding his horse when he suddenly felt a sting in his leg. He believes he was hit by a poisonous arrow.
How to obtain: Talk to the Duke. He is located inside the chapel of the large graveyard.
Where is Zandalor?
Arhu told me that Zandalor went into the dungeons of Stormfist castle to investigate Janus and the strange sword he wields. I must find a way to gain access to the cellars and see if I can find the old wizard.
How to obtain: A white cat approaches you while you are in the castle. He gives you the quest.
1. When you leave Ionas Dungeon, the cat will approach and continue the
2. Find out what happened to Zandalor
Game Information: Arhu is fairly sure that something has happened to
Zandalor. I have been thrown out of Stormfist Castle so I cannot
enter the castle again without being seen. Arhu wants me to get in
touch with the Thieves Guild, he says these scoundrels can get into
anywhere they want. According to Arhu, I can contact the Thieves
Guild in the Ducal Inn, located in Verdistis.
The following is quest information given to me from SpiderDude. I havent gotten the rest of the information for most of these quests, so Im putting the information on here as is.
Zombie Jake in Aleroth
- Find him under the house, south of the graveyard.
- Go to his grave in Aleroth and bring him some flowers from the grave from his wife.
Who killed George?
- Go to Verdistis, talk to Kratus (guard's house). He'll tell you something about murder and will give you advice, where to go next in order to find George's murderer
- After you kill the murderer talk to Mardaneus to get an extra skill
Plague / Mitox
- Make it to the barracks and talk to Mitox where you will get some quests.
- Orc supply train: The guy who gave you this quest should also have given you a barrel of explosives; it's in your inventory. Just drag and drop it into the supply area and you'll see a little cut scene.
- Go to Jonas, and then back to Balin, then find Balin's necklace. It's in one of the houses nearby.
Help Maria Clear her name
- Go to Malcolm house (you will have it marked on the map, it's below Sir Dante's), there you will find account book; drag it into your inventory.
- And don't forget: once you helped Maria that you can buy a house in Verdistis, just go talk to Trevor after you cleared her name, then buy or rent the house from the "former" secretary.
Dark Cave / Rescue Kid
- Sacrifice Health to vampire
- Use telekinesis/lock picking to get in and kill him.
Broken Cart Wheel
- Cart between Dwarven Forrest and Orc Camp to get the quest and speak with Luther
- Get wheel from Marcus in Ars Magicana and go back to cart
- Follow the blood trail and after that the gold trail until you get to a cave.
- Kill all and take letter off table
- Speak with Markus
- Speak with Tingalf
- Enter Ars Magicana sewers, go NE, kill, take letter off dead enemy
- Go to Markus
- Go to Sergeant Robin.
- And to make it really perfect: Go to Trevor in Verdistis in between, get the Tingalf quest, you have 2 options for Sergeant Robin and get XP on that, too.
- Speak to both wagoners
- Follow the blood and later the coin trail at the burned cart. This hideaway is important for a letter clue, and then you speak with the merchant, talk to the black-marketers.
- Then proceed to the sewers and go east. Take the letter there after you survived the fight. Talk to the merchant, then to Sergeant Robin in Ars Magicana.
- You need 2 letters, 1st one is in that cave at the end of the blood trail. The 2nd is in the sewers (Northeast) underneath your feet, prepare for a fight
- Did you get and solved the quest from the merchant guild's leader?
- If you killed the assassin before finding the clues (corpses) at the burning wagon and the secret hideaway there, you've probably busted the quest.
- Talk to Marcus about the note from the cave.
- Then go into the sewer entrance above him in the merchant area and go east from the ladder should run into the black marketers then.
Sir Patrick's Deed
- Use the teleporter stone left of the house to get in.
- Then use the four outside levers in a way so that all doors are open.
- Use the inner lever and you're in. (take the chests through the teleporter and out of the house before turning in the deed so you can pick them later.
The Duke's murder quest
- Receive the introduction from Dante.
- Meet the archivist / assassin guild master in Merchants Guild.
- He flees through the cupboard, follow and kill him.
- After fulfilling the quest visit the Duke's Ghost in the chapel in the Graveyard for more XP.
Graham's Revenge on Cirgon
- Either kill Cirgon and get the gloves, hardly any experience and solve the quest
- Or leave Cirgon alive, go back to Graham and tell him, then get massive experience, but fail the mission
A Trapped Friend
- To enter the Merchants' guild cellar through the locked door: in the secretary next to the door are 4 keys for the doors in the cellar
- It's in the House of the Verdistis alchemist, one or two houses east from Malcolm's house. You find a trapdoor UNDER a bed (south room). Don't bother to move the bed around, just use lock picking level 5 on it (on the trapdoor not the bed, of course). In the cellar you move the barrels away and find the room with Buad's tea.
- Well, I read the book, and am trying to get the invisibility ring. Haven't succeeded yet: Tried throwing the book into the open tea barrel, moved it on the shiny blue spot, tried to throw those potions in there, used the special gloves, you find there etc. But I'm not giving up!!! VERY IMPORTANT: Don't move the open tea about, it explodes, shut tea may be moved around safely. It's also highly poisonous supposed to kill the talking tree in Dark Forest.
The Summoning Ritual
- Branch: Found in the Dark Forrest But I suggest doing the alchemist quest at the same time, then you can get the I want the herbs response, then tell it there are woodcutters close and he'll let you get the herbs (and you can nick a branch at the same time).
- Book: Free Penumbra from Thieves Guild; get her dagger at the same place where you get the magic lock picks. (After this you can get the "Special Treatment" in the whore's house.
- Bottle of Wine at the wine seller in Verdistis you get instructions where to get it.
One sword is in the chamber of illusions; if you go back to the graveyard, enter the dungeon that is the level you want. If you activated the portal stones that teleport you inside that level of the dungeon, use the portal stone near the exit then look on your auto map. If you have not activated the portal stones then look on your auto map for 3 pillars with a spot in the middle that is the deactivated portal stone. North-by northeast of there, look for the health shrine at the top of the map. That is right next to the fake wall. Just below the health shrine south is a candle, put the candle out to open the fake wall.
- No need to fear the House of Madness, it is very easy to get out of there. Just walk from door to door until you reach the room with beds. Then try sleeping on one of them. That's all.
- Open the last chest: take a closer look to the top of the chest, put the skull you see to your inventory and try it again
- Go down in the tomb, and there is some switch, this lever opens the door of the crypt in the middle of the graveyard.
- When you finished the Find The Murderer of the Duke quest you can got there to give him final rest and get some XP.
- Apollo's friend Shrimpo is at the cemetery with 7 tombstones (in the north-east). You must select one by one in the correct order (S-H-R-I-M-P-O), then Shrimpo appears.
Find Teleport Stones
- The teleport stones you can get back after you defeat the Succubus in the Council of Seven area. Look in the west of that area for the Imp who stole them.
- Ask Rob from the Thieves guild for the positions. He marks all entries on your great map; you must take the entry to the treasure chamber. Take a look at your map; the northwest section looks like a fork, doesn't it? The left fork leads to the Verdistis part of the sewer (you're asked, if you want to proceed north), the middle one goes to the executioner (prison). And the RIGHT fork (you see fish) is the teleporter, click on the wall and you're teleported to some kegs. Just walk a few steps east and you will see a ladder to Ars Magicana. You might have to click twice on the wall, because I found a goody in it on the 1st time.
Sword in the Stone
- After you fight the undead demon, you must wait a little bit until the stone glows, then you must take the sword from your inventory and drop it over the stone.
- If you want to keep the level 5 sword just get it after fulfilling all quests in the forest.
- Get this quest first from an old hermit standing somewhat south of the urn collectors in the Dark Forest. He puts in on your map.
- When you get there kill the stalker and don't forget to take the Silver Armor
Borathus The Mage
- Kill Boratus (flag on your map).
- Go to the Dwarven Halls and visit the healer in those halls. Look for talk option about the grail.
- Leave the halls for the Dark Forest, move south, staying close to the mountains. Take the left bend where you can see a bit of a castle. At the end of this cove is a cave: pile of rocks and tree stump. Beware of traps down there.
- Get the grail and take it back to the Dwarven healer
Diamonds are a girl's best friend (The Necklace quest)
- Go to the jeweler in the dwarf's halls. If you show him the picture of the necklace, he makes a copy of it for you.
Stone Axe Quest
- The cave-in the mines will be open. There is a wooden barrier somewhere in the cave, but it's one level deeper.
- In order to proceed through this cave-in you have to know the password for the sentry. The drunkard burgomaster in the dwarfs village will give it away for some ale, try being friendly to him and get the ale from Rimmer.
- After succeeding don't forget the letter revealing the king's brother treachery.
- If you complete the Axe quest by giving it to the king you get the Armor quest. If you complete the axe quest by taking it back to the town yourself and talking to that priestly type you don't get the armor quest!
Council Of Seven
- Zandalor will join first since he is already there.
- Mardaneus: simply walk over to Lanilor's house (just north of Mardaneus) and open the door an evil woman (Demona) attacks you, kill her and grab the key to Mardaneus house.
- Goemoe: First you must talk with one of the other healers, then you must go back to the Council of Seven and touch the statue again (you should see a snake). Then travel to Verdistis and go to merchant guild. Talk with the boss and go to the house he means.
- Eoulus should be in the Dwarven Village, after you finish the quest he will be in the house below the stone axe.
- Find the Imp, and he will tell you to touch a magic sphere and say a word to enter a magic world. Do this at once since this the only option you will get. Once inside help the bees against the wasps, while taking care not to kill any bees or the quest will fail. Click on the sphere again to leave the place.
- Bronthion will be in the Elves compound in Dark Forest, if not go to Archer's guild and talk to the elf there.
- Orc: is found in one of the four prisons south of the Orc Supply Train
- The best result you get is a whole level up by spending 1000 gold and choosing experience. Try to wait with the well until the last possible moment before ascending. Gives you more bang for your buck so to speak.
Kill the five Black Ring Members
- If you go back to the main platform, where your exit path lies (middle), you see 5 paths, reading from left to right:
Josephine - Moriendor - Iona - exit path - Demona - Cornelius.
Teleportation Scrolls and Locations
Scroll: Get it from Zandalor after the bounty hunter ‘kills you.
- Southwest of Aleroth
- North of Merchants Area
- North of the graveyard
Scroll: Deliver the letter given to you from Captain Alix to Captain Mitox. He will give you the scroll. OR. You can get the scroll if you follow the wizard's quest about looking in the Cursed Abbey for more clues.
- Southwest of the entrance to General Alixs army barracks
- Southeast corner of the fenced-in pasture located northwest of the Blue
- Inside the courtyard of the Cursed Abbey.
Scroll: Talk to Goemoe after he leaves the village. He can be found in the Blue Boar Inn.
Scroll: Talk to the dwarf in the backroom of the Dwarf Bread Inn. When he offers you a gem, tell him to give it to the needy. When he leaves take the scroll off the table.
- Near the northwest corner of the Dwarven Bread Inn.
- West of the dwarven village
- East of the burned wagon on the plateau
Scroll: Get it in the Archer's Guild.
Scroll: Get it from Orc Mage in the South East encampment
Scroll: Imp's Deserted Castle in Dark Forest, you find it there in a cell on a dead imp
The following is more information given to me by SpiderDude. I havent run into any of this stuff in the game yet, so I am not exactly sure what is what.
- The Sword of Chaos is found under a rock pile, where you have to remove
boulders and a tree stump on top of it is found east of the Dwarven
village in the woods.
- Dagger: Book in Thieves Guild
- Amulet: Amulet in the Elven Ruins at Dark Forrest, where you solve the urn
- Sword: in Iona's dungeon, chamber of illusions. In the near of that room
is a candle, a pentagram and a skeleton. Put out the candle and the wall
You have to sacrifice the 3 pieces to get the holy weapon. The entry to the cave can be found northwest from the graveyard teleporter or north and slightly to the east from the church. There is a little group of trees and bushes. The entry is hidden in there. Go down and DON'T, I repeat don't, open the sarcophagus. Place yourself in the right blue circle and click on the statue. Save before sacrificing and reload until you get the weapon you want.
Treasure cave/ Silver Armor
- The 1st map is in a spider hole (near the elves teleporter)
- The 2nd map you get from 'Mpenzak' in Verdistis.
- The 3rd map in the sewers of Verdistis in the northeast within a corpse.
- The 4th map is in the hall of the dwarfs (near the entry to the mines is a
small prison - you need lock pick level 4 to open the door).
The armor itself is found in the Stalker cave, get the quest first from an old hermit standing somewhat south of the urn collectors in the Dark Forest.
The Treasure cave is in the Northwest corner of the Dark Forest, near the mountains, hidden under trees. Go to each cove (2nd one) and press the ALT key or move the mouse slowly over bushes and trees. If you've found it, look for 3 crystals laid in blue bowls. Collect them (drag and drop to your inventory) and go south in this dungeon to an empty grey bowl, put them in (one by one) and proceed through the new opening. In next area just place one of your teleporter stones (very important) near the chests, put your loot in them. And leave a teleporter stone since there is no way to return, because the teleporter in the Easter egg area does not function. Make sure you have this in your inventory:
- Silver Armor
- Stack of 5 Ale from Rimmer
- Exactly 2002 Gold
- 4 ropes (the ones in that same cave)
Use the ropes on the prisons when you have opened them up. You have to use those ropes on the trapdoors in order to proceed under earth. You're warned about some imprisoned monsters. If you go there, kill all those "bugs" and talk to Sven later on, he will thank and reward you.
- The belt is in an abandoned house of Verdistis. The house should be to the
WEST of the town. When you get inside and walk towards the hatch, the
floor will break and you'll land in the basement.
- The shield is in the armory of the Stormfist castle. If you were already
kicked out, approach the entrance, and fling your pyramid through the
entrance and you'll be able to visit the castle again (just avoid making a
mess because this seems to be an exploit and not something intended).
- The gloves are in one of the burial pyres in the Elves Burial to the
south. keep looking out for a selectable pyre cuz it's the only one that
has anything inside.
- The quest to get the armor is given to you by the dwarf king. To enable
it you MUST bring a note from the caves (same caves where you get the ax)
that proves the king brother's guilt (it's a study in the very north east
corner of the caves). It's hard to get because you must defeat an
extremely tough wizard to get there. When you are about to enter the
throne room, you might need to use the fling trick (just throw the note
inside the room and pick it up after the checkpoint) to get the note past
the checkpoint where the guards take all your stuff away temporarily.
After you talk about the note's subject, the king will tell you that you
need to get the armor and the dragon heart. If you complete the Axe quest
by giving it to the king you get the armor quest. If you complete the axe
quest by taking it back to the town yourself and talking to that priestly
type you don't get the armor quest!
Armor: go to Sir Patrick at Verdistis and after you ask him, he'll send you on a simple and quick errand (be sure to have 2500 gold handy).
Dragon heart: This is another tough one. Go to the warrior's guild and ask for admission. After the first quest, you'll be sent to retrieve it. I hope you didn't kill the dragon rider in the imp's castle before the quest was given.
After you have both, just go to the dwarfs' smith at the halls and after a day's work hell have the plate ready.
- Show the restored dragon armor to the dwarf king (get it through the
checkpoint) and you'll get the helm.
This is even more stuff that was given to me by SpiderDude.
- Trader's Tongue: In the blue boar inn at the bar you will find a man
named EL'GAMMON. If you talk to him he will try to sell you useless goods.
Buy all of them until he doesn't have any left and then talk to him again.
- Trader's Tongue: 3 books in the Merchant guild library. 1st book, bottom
left-hand room, middle table. 2nd book, on top of bookshelf in north part
of same room. 3rd book, northwest
door, behind one of the covered chairs near the north wall.
- Identify item: gained from doing the broken wheel quest for the stuck cart
- Alchemy: do easy quest for the alchemist in the dark forest.
- Restoration: learn from Goemoe in Aleroth after you heal both sick
soldiers and learn from the
statue in Nericons garden after answering its riddles.
- Lock pick: learn from rob after joining thieves guild
- Lock pick: talk to the guy in the thieves guild base, take him on the bet,
and unlock four doors, which requires you have 4 lock pick. Talk to him
again, and he is impressed, and will teach you one level of lock pick, so
you can open the last and fifth door which needs 5
- Aura of command: side with the bees when you go to retrieve the imp
- Demon summoning: Summoner in Verdistis.
- Bless: Save the kid from Vampire in the Dark Cave, then help Knight
- Restoration: Tell Mardeneus who killed George and why.
Essential Warrior Skills:
- Weapons skill: Just the weapon you want to have
- Lock pick: Level 3 max since u get 2 in game at thieves guild
- Magic shield: Adds 5 to all resistances per every point spent on t.
- Spirit Damage: Adds a 100% chance of inflicting 20-30 spirit damage at 5th
- Augment Dam: Adds
- Freeze: Adds
- Alchemy: Don't put a point in alchemy. The alchemist in the dark forest
main map will teach you alchemy as a reward
- Enchant weapon!!!!!!!!
- Restoration: no more then 2 since you get the other 3 from quests
Essential Mage Skills:
- Rats: One of the most underrated skills. Their magical property that they
force the enemy to attack them will save you many times, and when playing
with the wizard, they have the additional nice property that you can swap
locations with them.
- Monster identification, too. It saves lots of mana seeing their
resistances at level 5
- Deadly Discs: works wonders in crowded areas
- Magic Shield
- Normal Shield
Essential Survivor Skills:
- Deadly gift: especially the scorpion traps are amazing at higher levels
- Wisdom: for extra experience and faster advancement
To make a potion, you need alchemy skill of at least 2. Walk up to a patch of mushrooms or herbs. Open your inventory up. Drag a flask over the herb/mushroom until it blinks. Then unclick the flask and voila instant potion!
Purple = Healing
White = Stamina
Blue = Magic
Red = Healing
Blue = Magic
White = Poison
Orange = Stamina
Small Flask = Minor Potion = Alchemy skill: 2
Flask = Potion = Alchemy skill: 3
Large Flask = Super Potion = Alchemy skill: 4
To mix potions, you need alchemy skill of at least 1. Open your inventory. Drag one potion over the other until it blinks. Unclick the potion.
- Red + blue = white (restoration)
- Yellow + blue = black (shadow potion, invisibility)
- Yellow + red = orange (strength)
- Yellow + white= purple (temporary resistance)
- Augmentor makes a potion larger
Drudanea / Super Drugs
If you use a empty potion bottle on some Drudanea (that stuff George the shopkeeper asked for at the start) then you get Super Drug (need alchemy 2). Drink it and it seems to permanently change your stats, +100 to poison -100 to Spirit.
- When you put a barrel or a chest in your inventory and drag all items
directly into it, you can rob just about everything with no one accusing
you of theft, just be sure to be on your own when taking the items out of
the chest and in your inventory.
- For the Rivertown alchemist back room who will lock the door when you try
to get in try this: Open the door, but don't step through the doorway,
throw the pyramid through into the corridor, then close the door again.
Now you should be able to pyramid in and out.
Using Charm Enchantments
- If you collect a lot of enchantments, and you can only enchant one gem
spot, click the item you want to enchant several times. Fill them all one
by one, and then close them. This way I made a sword with over 20
- In the last part of the game two vendors offer gold versions, it could be
a good idea to save some spots for those.
- In a house near the abbey you can find a portable bed. You're able to move
it to your inventory.
- You can also get a couple of bales of hay and spread them on the ground
making a bed that you can reuse.
- Find two powerful enemies that give a hefty chunk of experience,
preferably ones that are a little way apart. (For those at the end of the
game a couple of blue dragon riders are perfect. 10000 experience per
- Kill the first one (and any accompanying enemies), and then use resurrect
to bring them back to life. They'll be shown as allies, but if you walk
far enough away they'll revert back to being enemies. Go to where the
other enemy is, and repeat. Walk back to the other enemy, and they should
now be hostile again. You can kill them again for more experience. You can
then resurrect them, walk to other enemy and kill/resurrect them... repeat
between enemies until you have suitable levels.
- Warnings: This can be a time consuming method. Especially at higher
levels. If you need to sleep whilst doing this, make sure all enemies are
hostile. If any are friendly they will die when you sleep. (And you can't
resurrect them.) Also, make sure that any surrounding enemies can't kill
them whilst they're friendly. If they die, they can't be resurrected
Failed Item Quests workaround
If you messed up the Holy Weapons quest AND are through with all other
quests you can complete and are ready to go bang the gong, this could work for you. Do this right before you go to the gong as some of the world changes. First, save your game outside the entry stairs at the Holy Weapons conversion site. Second, start a new game and immediately save it. Third, open the Divinity file (windows Explorer), go to saved games and copy your "good" saved game into another directory. If this FIX doesn't work for you, just copy the saved "good" game back to its original spot under saved games. Now, move the data, Items and Inv files from your "good" saved game to the new saved game. When you do this and load the new game to start playing, your character should still be exactly the same (stats, items and all) but when you go down the stairs, you will be able to complete the quest and get an awesome ONE HANDED SWORD! The quest will still be listed in your book, but you get lots of experience points and the sword. Now walk to the blacksmith above the merchants and have him ID the sword. Now save under a new name, just in case! Go back to your files and move the new Data, Items and Inv files back from that last save to your "good" save and load up that game. You will still be in the blacksmith's room, and the door is locked - just click on him and it opens. Go to the teleporter out back and back to the gong and continue the game! JUST BE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL GOOD SAVE! Good Luck.
- Due to the high level of item interaction, some puzzles or quests require
you to move boxes and stuff around to reveal a secret hatch, door or
lever. If you ever see a bunch of stuff (boxes or such) piled up, chances
are that there's something underneath or hidden by them, just grab them
and move them aside. There might be the key that you are looking for.
- Make sure to at least click on the books and manuscripts lying around,
I've found a few puzzles where the big clues are found in manuscripts or
- When you're just running around in the wilderness, use your ALT key to
highlight items that might be stashed away behind bushes or trees. I've
run across about 10 potions just sitting underneath a tree, but you can't
see them if you're just running by. The ALT key is your friend.
- You can actually pick up CHESTS or BARRELS by dragging them into your
inventory window.... then place them at your home base so you can stash
loot in them. Also any CHESTS that you can't pick lock or open now, just
take them to your home base so you can deal with them later.
- Even one level of Poison is REALLY handy. It even helps you run away
sometimes because a monster that's been poisoned can't move that fast,
they sort of move around in a very jerky motion as the poison is working.
- Any weapons that have COLD damage will FREEZE opponents when you hit
them... combine that with Poison and you can take out much larger groups
just by whacking each monster frozen while the poison takes over. You can
hit one monster after another and soon you have 5 frozen Orcs
simultaneously dying from poison. It's even better when you have the STUN
- Read your journal, it seems obvious but it's not really... the journal
actually contains hints that you may not have picked up during your
conversations with NPCs.
- Don't sweat it if you can't figure something out... go explore for a bit,
there's tons of quests and things to do in the world of Divinity. Make
sure to mark in on your map so you can come back later.
Definitely DON'T DO IT tips
- Don't enter Commander Ralph's room. He'll kick you out and lock the door
breaking a quest. A big one!
- Don't use the key for the Gardens on the Graveyard first. It causes a
break by not then working for the Gardens!
- Don't open any one of the four tombs in the holy weapon secret room. It
breaks a very hard to complete quest!
- Don't kill the assassin before finding the clues (corpses) at the burning
wagon and the secret hideaway there; you'll probably bust the quest!
- Don't get the sword from the stone and then leave the Dark woods, when you
return almost every living thing, including the elves will be dead!
- Don't hit the gong before finishing all your open quests, you won't be
able to go back after that!
- Don't refuse to touch the imp's ball! Eh? That sounded a bit perverted =)
But anyway, you get only one chance to do so!