|Редактировать | Профиль | Сообщение | Цитировать | Сообщить модератору|
| Hi Everyone |
Ah, here we go again. Enclosed are the details of the new Ad Muncher
v4.41 betas - you’re receiving this email because you’ve either tested
previous versions or expressed interest in testing betas - if you
would like to be removed from the beta list please let me know.
Things to look out for in this beta:
- Any popups getting through the new popup removal system
- *Any* page damage, eg: text missing, or pages not loading at all.
- Missed adverts as always
- Any comments on the new sections of the interface (eg: contact,
taskbar options, the "Recently triggered Ad Muncher filters" list,
etc) would also be greatly appreciated.
My sincere thanks for trying the beta versions, we’ve been doing far
more extensive alpha testing on this version so I’m not expecting too
many problems, but of course please do report anything odd that you
Ad Muncher v4.41 Build 632 *BETA* (note the new version system is
Thanks again for your help, please feel free to contact me with any
comments you have on the new version
Ad Muncher v4.41 changelog:
- Version numbers for Ad Muncher now include build numbers too, ala "v4.41.200"
for build number 200. Build numbers will be started at zero from the start
of v4.41 development.
- New popup removal technique for removing popups which open when a page is
"helper script" - this should prevent a lot of the problems with pages not
loading when their popup functions were integrated with document writing
functions in certain ways (as seen on espn.com), it also allows the neat new
option to "Display popup removal notice in status bar" so you can tell when a
popup has been blocked.
to handle things when certain adverts are removed - finally stops all those
darn "Done, but with errors." messages Internet Explorer was generating, the
handler can be enabled/disabled via the "Suppress Internet Explorer script
- Added new list to the "Recent items" section named "Triggered Ad Muncher filters"
allowing people to see what Ad Muncher is triggering on, including custom/server
filter entries, advanced filters, as well as all the checkbox options.
Clicking the "Find" button takes you to the section in Ad Muncher’s configuration
where the triggered option/filter can be modified.
- Removed the check that prevented filtering of locally-targeted connections,
it seems far more people than I had thought both use locally installed http
proxies, and don’t know how to configure their filter targets list
- Ad Muncher now doesn’t use OpenProcess and Read/WriteProcessMemory calls for
IPC on winsock hooks - due to the small amount of data transferred (a sockaddr
here, a port and PID there) I switched to simple multiple SendMessage dword
transfers, thus allowing patches of NT services (where otherwise it would
require messy modifications of access rights on the process). WinProxy
filtering here we come
- In addition to the above, created a new "helper DLL" to allow Ad Muncher to
patch into programs running as NT services, and also programs which display
no windows (which would otherwise cause admunch.dll to not load from
SetWindowsHookEx) - testing revealed WinProxy (and I’m sure many other
proxies) are now being filtered correctly. *general applause*
Info on the new helper DLL can be found in the Ad Muncher help file, under
- Trying to launch Ad Muncher when it’s already running now just displays the
configuration window, instead of the notice that it’s already running
(useful when using the icon hiding options).
- Added "+waol:*" to the default filter targets list - Ad Muncher now works
with AOL, hooray!
- Added new section to the "options" tab of the config window to set "Taskbar"
options, new features include:
- Keyboard shortcuts to the config window, and the activate filtering/ip
- Option to "lock" Ad Muncher, added due to several requests.
- Option to hide Ad Muncher icon under certain conditions, eg: when no
programs are connected through it, or when the config window is closed;
also added buttons on the config window to shutdown and lock Ad Muncher
(if a lock password is defined) - so people can still access these options
when the taskbar icon is hidden.
- Added option to Options/Filtering tab to "Remove window move and resize
- Added option to installer to "Install for all users of this computer" - which
basically just modifies the addition of "start menu/programs" entries and the
automatic launch on startup key.
- Extended handling of "Exclude filtering on site" filter entries so that they
are checked before matching against "remove tables with text" and "remove
scripts with text" entries, essentially so you can override any other filter
- The "Remove self-focus commands" option now doesn’t affect focus() commands
which reference forms.
- The "Recent programs with outbound connections" list is now updated in real-
time (ie: no need to reopen the config window to refresh).
- The default filter targets list now doesn’t include the "-nav, -outlook" etc
"problem-program" entries. Far too many people were wiping these entries out
(accidentally or otherwise) then emailing me to complain those programs didn’t
work anymore A separate list is now hard-coded into the executable instead.
- Ad Muncher now automatically recreates the taskbar icon after explorer.exe
- Config window position is now remembered after the window is closed - the size
is not (for the time being) until I can implement a window resize handler that
doesn’t look so weird when resized
- AdMunch.dll now doesn’t hard-import from wsock32.dll - this was loading some
third party wsock32.dll files when it was passed into SetWindowsHookEx (and hence
loaded in the address space and home directory of each running process) - it
now loads the one from the system directory at runtime.
- Added new filter category, "Prevent page retrieval" to stop specific sites, images
and scripts from loading - nice final resort if you can’t get a script/image removed
via src keyword entries (eg: if the src= tag is obfuscated), or if you want to stop
users from visiting certain sites. Can also be used to prevent favicon.ico retrieval
(ie: the icons Internet Explorer uses for favorites) and lots of other things
- Finally discovered why Internet Explorer would crash when Ad Muncher and Panda Antivirus
are installed together - it seems Panda’s patching system can’t cope with transposing
relative jump instructions (0xe9), Ad Muncher *can* handle them just fine though, so Ad
Muncher now loads wsock32.dll before loading it’s own patches (it used to target only
ws2_32.dll if it was present), panda installs it’s patches when wsock32.dll is loaded so
this allows Ad Muncher to install it’s patches in over the top of pandas, and allows IE
works properly again
- Changed the "Recent programs with outbound connections" list into a "Recent program names"
list - some people were getting confused when programs weren’t listed in the previous list
if they were excluded from filtering (thereby preventing Ad Muncher from patching into
them and noticing when they had outbound connections).
- Changed default timeout value for the IP Scramble scanner from 15 to 4 seconds - 15
really was excessive, and any proxy that takes longer than four seconds to connect and
download a small HTTP reply is really going to slow down browsing anyway
- Switched to 16x16 icons for the taskbar to improve definition, also added new icons to
indicate when IP Scramble is enabled (the cow now wears sunglasses, hehe, undercover,
- Removed the option to "Blackout Ad Muncher icon" - I’ve had a lot of people question why
it was necessary; if anyone really has a problem with the cow icon please feel free to
contact me with suggestions on a replacement.
- During beta testing the "Blackout Ad Muncher icon" was added again, lol, it seems far
more people than I’d thought were using it - why does everyone hate my cow icon?!?
Also added a version of it with gray sunglasses to indicate when IP Scramble is enabled.
- Popups generated through "<form target=new" type systems can now be removed by using
"Remove popups from site" filters against the URL in the "action=" parameter.
- Web bug removal now checks the image src against any exclude list entries you have, if
a match is found of course the normal web bug removal is not performed.
- Improvements to the code which decides whether a detected "web bug" is from a different
domain - now only tries to check the top level domain name, so if a page on x1.site.com
has a 1x1 image from x2.site.com it won’t be removed.
- Timer-based popup removal now also removes popups generated via SetInterval commands
(not just setTimeout ones).
- Pass-thru GIF/JPEG replacement now doesn’t insert [ad-munched] gifs into the stream,
instead a blank image is now used, simply to avoid the weird looking images when the
image is resized.
- Ad Muncher now includes it’s own miniature IRC client to chat to other users - hopefully
to reduce the number of trivial tech support enquiries and help people get quicker
responses. AM-Install.exe file size went up by 3kb for the full inclusion of the new
client so I’m sure that’s some kind of record for the smallest functional IRC client yet
- The automatic update system now relies on build numbers for both the Ad Muncher
updates and the server-supplied lists updates - should provide more accurate
stats about when Ad Muncher is updated, and save some bandwidth too.
- Automatic updates are now only tried once each month - but the new check doesn’t
rely on Ad Muncher being loaded on certain days of the month (as the previous
v4.4 did, where it would need the day of the month to be a multiple of 8).
- Added confirmation message when the user disables the server-supplied filter list, a
lot of people were turning it off by accident then complaining that Ad Muncher wasn’t
- Fixed bug where some small HTTP requests were passed through without filtering.
- Lots of little fixes to the nullify routine.
- Fixed admunch.exe hang (100% cpu usage) when filtering certain e-eye pages.
- The v4.3d configuration import code now doesn’t overwrite any settings
already present in the v4.4 config file.
- Popup removal now properly interprets html tags within document.write and
writeln tags within scripts; it would previously identify the code as
- Tag removal code now properly interprets comment tags nested within other tags.
- Proper handling of improperly terminated <iframe tags (ie: without a </iframe>
- Fixed problem with taskbar icon not appearing properly on startup (usually
under windows XP) - removed the "Delay loading by X" option because it’s no
- Nullify routine now does not add a semicolon when removing functions which
didn’t have a semicolon to begin with, fixes problems with certain types of
- Fixed crash when attempting to save extremely large IP Scramble verified lists.
- Nullify routine now correctly removes badfunction from
"if(condition)badfunction();" (no spaces) without wiping out the if structure
- URL reconstruction now handles URLs without a protocol spec properly, eg:
- Fixed bug where refresh URL in meta tags would be incorrectly interpreted if
the tag was inside of a script; usually leading to the tag being removed when it
- ParseRadix now stops filtering at any non-hexadecimal digits - stops
misinterpretation of content-length fields where the numbers are followed by
- SetTimeout("badpopupfunction();", 100) popup generation systems are now removed
- Popup removal now doesn’t treat document.open() as a popup.
- alert() removal now a lot more pedantic about checking the format of alerts before
removing - fixes some content damage.
- The script and table removal code now checks for a full <script/<table tag,
rather than the previous abbreviated <scr/<tab check.
- If you remove an advanced filter, then create another, the new filter now doesn’t
appear with the match/replacement texts of the previously deleted filter.
- Fixed 3dsmax crashes.
Murray Hurps - Monday, November 4, 2002
Ad Muncher Programmer and General Administrator
Всего записей: 5233 | Зарегистр. 31-10-2001 | Отправлено: 22:48 03-11-2002 | Исправлено: korn32, 22:50 03-11-2002